Monday, December 14, 2015

EcoFamiles: The Sam Fam

EcoFamilies:
The Sams from Holland, Michigan


Tell us a little about your family:
We are the "Sam fam"! We live on the north side of Holland. My husband Paul is a firefighter for Park Township. I am a stay-at-home mommy of three. We have an 11year old son, Aidan, a 5 year old daughter, Everleigh and a 4 month old son, Asher! :)




What are your top three favorite products from EcoBuns?
2. Boba Wrap
3. Aden + Anais blankets

Why do you love cloth diapers?
I love cloth diapering for several reasons...they are simply adorable! They are soft and feel nice on my baby's bum! I also love that in the long run, cloth diapering is saving us money. To save even more money, I also use cloth wipes! I also love the fact that they are not piling up in the ever-expanding land fill! Once baby is potty-trained, the diapers can be used again for a subsequent baby or they can be given to a friend or sister's child!

How has EcoBuns helped you in your cloth diaper journey?
I was admittedly a bit intimidated to cloth diaper our 3rd child. I was new to the world of cloth diapering and it felt overwhelming. I had no idea when I walked through the doors to EcoBuns for the first time that it was the beginning of something very special. I soon learned that EcoBuns wasn't just a store to buy diapers. The ladies at EcoBuns really care about their customers. Their customer care is genuine to the core. Not only are they knowledgeable (and willing to share their knowledge!) about the products they carry, they also believe in their products and believe in striving for a healthier and more natural lifestyle. EcoBuns is truly unique. I think for many, "EcoBuns" equates to "community", a safe place to explore the aspects of motherhood, to receive sound advice, and to make new friends.



What advice would you give to families considering cloth diapers?
It may seem daunting to begin cloth diapering at first, but trust me, it is worth it! There was a week (I like to call it the hurdle) where I thought 'what have I done?!' But once I made it over the initial hurdle...it has been a breeze ever since! Now I actually enjoy changing his diapers! You have to have confidence and find a method that works for you and your babe!




Why do you babywear?
Baby wearing feels like the most natural thing in the world. I love that my wrap comfortably supports my back while holding my little one close to me.

How has EcoBuns helped you in your babywearing journey?
We opted not to buy an infant carrier this time around and bought a convertible car seat instead. When going out, I carry my son snug as a bug next to me instead of hauling around an insanely heavy baby seat. The EcoBuns ladies assisted my husband in purchasing and surprising me with a Boba wrap last Christmas! I don't leave home without it!

What babycarrier(s) would you recommend and why?
I love my Boba wrap! The soft stretchy material is comfy and there are so many color choices! My baby is so comfortable, he often falls asleep in his wrap.

Why do you love EcoBuns?
EcoBuns is community. Staff and patrons alike...a community that gives tips, encouragement, great advice and helps one another along the journey of motherhood. The friendly and attentive staff give of their time to help you discover what products will work best for you and your lifestyle. The doors to EcoBuns are always welcoming, if you need to stop in to nurse your babe, ask a question or even change a diaper! It is my favorite local business and I truly enjoy shopping there!



No comments:

Post a Comment