Friday, December 18, 2015

EcoFamilies: The Lawies

I first met the Lawies long before we owned EcoBuns. I fell in love with this sweet family the very first time I met them. I have been so blessed to have continued my friendship with them over the years. Chad and LeeAnn (and their kids) are some of my most favorite people in the world.

The Lawies have helped grow EcoBuns in so many ways. Before we had employees, LeeAnn and her oldest son would come to the store and help us with unpacking orders and pricing products and putting them out on the shelves. Chad is one of my business role models (He was named one of Muskgon County's 40 under 40). I could go on and on for days about how much I love this family. 


EcoFamiles:
The Lawies


Tell us a little about your family:
My husband and I might be considered a little on the odd side. We've been together since high school, have spent a few years living aboard a sailboat or two, own a company that is a bit wild and techie, have two boys 3yrs & 3 months and plan on taking them cruising on a boat as well soon. :)




What are your top three favorite products from EcoBuns?
2. Party In Your Pants cloth menstrual pads (in store only)


Why do you love cloth diapers?
The fun prints and colors make changing a diaper far more enjoyable. I know that I won't be creating a massive landfill for each of my boys and their generations to come to have to live with.

How has EcoBuns helped you in your cloth diaper journey?
Being able to rely on quality products and quality customer service is invaluable in learning how to use cloth diapers in the way that works best for you. Being face to face to ask all the questions I have or knowing that they are just a chipper phone call away keeps me from feeling overwhelmed.

What advice would you give to new families considering cloth diapers?
Think about the couple reasons you want to cloth diaper the most and work from there. The reason why you want to do it will be what guides you. Sticking to that will help keep you feeling the most satisfied. Find a community of other moms and families that you can communicate with and feel comfortable with from day one. There will be challenges but that is just because it's new.

Why do you babywear?
I like to be active. I want my chores done and I want baby to stay happy. Baby wearing cuts my frustrations in half.

How has EcoBuns helped you in your babywearing journey?
I can always bounce questions off of them. I am never made to feel looked down upon for any of my learning experiences.

What baby carrier(s) would you recommend and why?
I am not very well experienced. But my Ring Sling has been a GREAT help with my second son as a newborn. It was quick and secure. I felt it to be very easy to nurse in as well. We have been using my Soft Structured Carrier a lot more now that he's bigger. It's quick and balances the weight well. My husband prefers the Soft Structured Carrier the most. It's the only one he uses but he uses it often. I think he sees the others to be more feminine.

Why do you love EcoBuns?
They have the whole package! Friendly, kind and knowledgable customer service! All the new and tried and true, high quality products! The classes and groups they offer provides a hub for the community to prosper and better themselves as parents. All while being environmentally friendly! I can't think of anything more I could ask for!






No comments:

Post a Comment