Sunday, November 8, 2015

EcoFamilies: The Hales

Here at EcoBuns, we LOVE our customers! We have gotten to know the most amazing families over the last two and a half years. In this blog series, you'll get to meet some of them. 

EcoFamilies:
The Hales from Wyoming, Michigan



Tell us a little about your family:
We have a wonderful little 8 month old girl! We are both enthusiastic about natural parenting (breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapers). In fact, my husband got me on board with all of the above! I'm lucky enough to be a full time mom and I love it! We enjoy taking walks and gardening together, with the help of our wrap of course! 

What are your top three favorite products from EcoBuns?



Why do you love cloth diapers?
Cloth diapers are so convenient! I never have to worry about making a midnight run to buy more, just throw a load in the wash if we're getting low! We also value the ability to be more eco-friendly. The diapers are also super cute! In the summer they can pretty much be an outfit!

How has EcoBuns helped you in the cloth diaper journey?
I know I can depend on Ecobuns to have cloth friendly detergent and baby butt cream when I need it.

What advice would you give new families considering cloth diapers?
Try a few different styles of cloth diapers, you may be surprised what winds up working best for you.

Why do you babywear?
We love keeping our little girl close and safe whether out or at home. She faces new experiences confidently knowing her mom or dad are close. I have the freedom to get out and enjoy myself without a huge hassle or to just get things done around home. The skin to skin contact in the early weeks went a long way in helping our breastfeeding relationship get well established, and post c-section I doubt it would have been possible to leave the house alone without babywearing since it would have been much too painful using a heavy travel system.

How has EcoBuns helped you in your babywearing journey?
I got two high quality carriers from Ecobuns so wherever I am and whatever I'm doing I have something that will work perfectly! The babywearing 'extras' like the Boba hoodie and free to grow extenders ensure continued ease and great variety of carrier use.

What babycarrier(s) would you recommend and why?
I would definitely recommend a Babylonia woven wrap. There is a bit of a learning curve but it quickly becomes second nature. It's a comfortable custom fit every single time and is super versatile. It can be used for newborns through toddlerhood for front, hip, and back carries. I also like our Tula for a buckle carrier. It's a very beginner friendly carrier, easy to adjust quick to get baby in and out while you're on the go.

Why do you love EcoBuns?
Whenever I need something, I know Ecobuns will have it! If I have questions or need a second opinion I know the crew has impressive knowledge of the products.There is a warmth about the shop that can only exist in a place where people are truly passionate about what they do. I've always felt welcome to take a break, change a diaper, or nurse my baby if I needed to. I've even seen moms welcomed into the shop to feed a baby when they didn't even buy anything. The products are wonderful but it's the spirit of the place I love most.


No comments:

Post a Comment