Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Last Time I Wore My Preschooler


We always remember the firsts with our kids; their first words, their first steps, their first foods. It is much harder to remember their lasts.


This week my 3 year old had her Halloween party at preschool the same day that my son had his Kindergarten Halloween parade. I went with my daughter to her party in the morning. We had a great time! The scheduling of the parties meant that she had to come with me to the Kindergarten party without a nap.

It was a super busy day, and our solution was to put her in a woven wrap and let her snuggle while I helped with her brother's festivities. She snuggled right in and took a nap.

The best selfie I could take of her sleeping. 

I know that my personal days of babywearing are coming to an end. My five year old only goes up in a carrier if I'm proving a point that he can, in fact, still fit comfortably in a carrier. My independent three year old hasn't been worn in a few months before this week. 

Cherish these early days of parenthood. They go much too fast.

I'm not sure if this is the last time I'll wear my own daughter. I do know that even if it is, my passion for babywearing isn't going anywhere. If you are local to Holland, Michigan and want help with a baby carrier, come see me at EcoBuns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment