Friday, August 28, 2015

What is your favorite baby carrier?


I get asked a lot of questions at EcoBuns. Most of them revolve around cloth diapers and baby carriers. One of the most popular questions I get asked is "What is your favorite baby carrier?"

It's a hard question for me to answer. Yes, I have my favorites. I can list them all off and tell you why I love them. I can't pick just one carrier. And I can't tell someone to get a baby carrier because I personally loved using it. What I like and why I wear my babies might not be the same for you. That is why scheduling a babywearing consultation is so very important. 


Carrying my niece in a Wrapsody Water Wrap

Let's take a look at Amber. She came in and agreed to let me take some pictures to show how the same caregiver and baby can fit so differently in each carrier. At the time of these pictures, her son was 25 lbs and 30 inches.

Top: Onya
Middle: Toddler Tula
Bottom: Standard Tula


Let's talk about that picture for a moment. Amber is testing out all soft structure carriers. Soft structure carriers will fit everyone a little differently. Getting fitted for a soft structured carrier at EcoBuns is a great way to make sure that you will love the carrier that you pick out. 

This is also something that can be done before your baby is born. We have weighted dolls to help test out our carriers. When picking out a carrier for a newborn baby, we look at different factors than we do when helping someone select a carrier for an older baby or toddler.





So back to the original question; what is MY favorite baby carrier? It's too hard for me to decide. I fell in love with woven wraps 6 months before I did my training at The Center For Babywearing Studies, and fell even more in love with them during my training. My very first carrier ever was a stretchy wrap. Now when I wear my kids (or my nieces, nephews, or customer's baby), I reach for a a woven wrap first. 


My niece in a BB Slen woven wrap in a size 8. I LOVE the extra length, but it drives other people crazy. 

Wearing in the early days of EcoBuns. Both kids came to work with me often. Boba Air on my back, Boba 3G (now Boba 4G) on my front. This is how we got work done in the early days of the store.  In those days  whenthe kids were up and down so often, Soft Structured Carriers like these made all those ups and downs faster and easier for us.

The point is, there isn't one right answer for everyone. And maybe there is more than one right one for you. Come into EcoBuns and find out what YOU like. 

If you are in the Holland, Grand Rapids, West Michigan area, click HERE to schedule a private consultation with me. If you are outside of the Holland area and have questions, email marissa (at) EcoBuns (dot) com to inquire about setting up a skype consult. 




No comments:

Post a Comment