Monday, June 1, 2015

Welcome Baby Boy

Meghan is one of the owners at EcoBuns Natural Parenting and Baby Boutique. Local shoppers will see her at the store a couple of times a week, but she typically does most of her work from home while caring for her 2 year old son and, on most days, Marissa's two children as well. She is the one who does a lot of the behind the scenes work, like ordering fun, new products for the store, making sure all your favorite products are stocked, bookkeeping, and making sure that everything runs smoothly. She is a health and wellness enthusiast, wife and mother to 2. To read her first blog post about her pregnancy, click here.

Today I had planned to be writing about hitting the 30 week mark in my pregnancy - what a milestone that felt like (30!) and update everyone on how my what-would-have-been 7 week hospital stay was going. Instead, I am sitting in the comforts of my own home and am here to share the news that my sweet little boy was born 1 week ago.

[Mason's first kiss from Daddy - at 6 days old]



Our sweet little Mason chose to enter the world, for reasons I will never know or understand, after only spending 29 weeks growing inside of me. I am so thankful that we were able to make it 9 weeks after my water broke - every day with him on the inside was a blessing. This new chapter in The Story of Mason has been a hard one to adjust to, and we have been taking it all one day at a time. I don't know what the future holds, but what I do know is that right now, my little boy is all nestled into an incubator working hard to finish growing and developing so that someday he can snuggle in his momma's arms and join the rest of his family at home.

[Brothers meeting for the first time]

This last week has been the hardest week of my life. It's not easy giving up all control of a baby that you have worked at nurturing and growing for the past 29 weeks. It's not easy to leave them in the care of doctors and nurses that you don't know, but have to trust that they are doing everything they can for your precious baby. It's not easy to pump around the clock to give your child any upper edge that you can. It's not easy to readjust to "normal" life outside of a hospital room after a 6+ week stay. But...I'm doing it. This is what I need to be doing right now. I'm not doing it perfectly or gracefully- because it is HARD. But I have the best people surrounding me and caring for me and doing everything they can to help and support me.

[Finding joy through this tough time - this little boy is beyond happy to have his mom back home.]

Right now we are in a waiting game - just waiting to see what will happen, how Mason will grow and develop, and waiting to see when we can hold him and take him home with us. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is hard, but in the words of my almost-three-year-old: We've got this. 

[Story time with Daddy and his boys - Oh! The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess]
Somehow you'll escape all that waiting and staying. You'll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping, once more you'll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky. Ready because you're that kind of guy!







No comments:

Post a Comment