Friday, May 8, 2015

Favorite things Friday: Keeki Sunscreen


In my younger years, I was never a big fan of sunscreen. I hadn't been introduced to the world of natural sunscreens, and I hated the thought of rubbing all those chemicals into my skin. Now that I'm older, wiser (aka have started to notice what the sun will do to your skin!) and have a child to worry about, it's one of my favorite summer accessories. And my all-time favorite sunscreen: KEEKI!

My family was recently on vacation, and my only regret was not bringing more Keeki with me! We ended up finishing our bottle on the last day, which was cutting it a little too close for my liking. (I should have listened to my mom when she told me to get another bottle!)

[We brought along the SPF 45 - my husband requested that next time we try the SPF 30 or 15 so that we don't return from a week vacation just as pale as when we left - which was fine by me!]

Ten reasons why Keeki Sunscreen is one of my favorite things:
1. Keeki never uses nano technology. This means, the zinc oxide (active ingredient) is not small enough to penetrate into your skin - aka, you won't get any zinc toxicity from this. 
2. This smells like a vacation dream - not too overwhelming, but has an amazingly delicious smell.
3. It goes on super smooth. Other natural sunscreens that I have tried have been really thick and hard to apply - not this one! I was even able to apply it to a toddler on the move.
4. It's a made in the USA product - and even better for a Michigander - it's made in Michigan!
5. The creator of Keeki is amazing! Read all about how the company got started here.
6. Keeki sunscreen is GMO free.
7. Keeki sunscreen is cruelty free.
8. Keeki sunscreen is safe for babies AND pregnancy.
9. This sunscreen WORKS! Like I said before, we came back from vacation nice and pale - just the way I wanted it. (Use lower SPF's to obtain a sun-kissed glow)
10. Did I mention how amazing it smells?

Check out this and more great products from Keeki here.

Meghan is one of the owners at EcoBuns Natural Parenting and Baby Boutique. Local shoppers will see her at the store a couple of times a week, but she typically does most of her work from home while caring for her 2 year old son and, on most days, Marissa's two children as well. She is the one who does a lot of the behind the scenes work, like ordering fun, new products for the store, making sure all your favorite products are stocked, bookkeeping, and making sure that everything runs smoothly. She is a health and wellness enthusiast, wife and mother to 2 - a 2 year old boy and a baby on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment